Friday 25 January 2013

Enlightened


And I am searching
Yet
Losing my way

You have reminded me
to practise
Practise calm
Every day



So
I went out seeking
And stopped
Still….

Breathing in
a purifying breath
Quelling the fidgety form
To submission

*   *   *

And the little boy
came to me
Wearing a hat of yellow brocade
A golden  temple
on his head

He smiled
One of his lives
At me

*    *   *

And here you are to remind me
You who have stood centuries
And stood for what?

You elude me
Then you come and bring your light
And I want to be where the light is


Diana Moore
January 2013



Ground floor | Room 12 | India to 600
Fragmentary forearm and hand of the Buddha

From an observation during a meditation in 2009


Diana Moore is author of the children’s illustrated poetry book:  A Fishy Coat Tale And Other Poems
She offers sessions on ‘Creating And Writing Humorous Poetry’ to children and adults.






Ground floor | Room 12 | India to 600
Fragmentary forearm and hand of the Buddha
From an observation during a meditation in 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment